from various sources unknown
The city of Havre de Grace was just 1 vote away from being named the capital of the United States of America.
Before the town was named Havre de Grace, it was called Susquehanna Lower Ferry.
Havre de Grace was named by the Marquis de Lafayette because it reminded him of Le Havre, France. The name in French means: Harbor of Grace or Harbor of Mercy.
In May of 1813, the city of Havre de Grace was burned to the ground by the British.
Built in 1827, the Concord Point Lighthouse is the oldest continuously operated lighthouse in the state of Maryland.
The Skipjack Martha Lewis is one of the last remaining working dredge boats that make up the Chesapeake Bay oyster fleet.
Bulle Rock Golf Course was ranked #1 in Maryland by Golf Digest.
The Havre de Grace Race Track was the place to be to see the finest horses in the racing industry. Man O’ War, Extermination, Equipoise, War Admiral, Discovery, Citation and Sea Biscuit were among the best to grace the track.
During the days of Prohibition, Havre de Grace had the nickname of Little Chicago.
By the time it meets the Chesapeake Bay here in Havre de Grace, the Susquehanna River has flowed 464 miles. Rising as the outlet of Otsego Lake in Cooperstown, New York
The city was honored as one of America’s 20 best small towns to visit in 2014 by Smithsonian magazine.